2018 Conference Administrator
Conference Dates: March 18-19, 2018
Conference Location: Greensboro, NC
Term: January 2018 through late March 2018
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Conference Administrator will work closely with the NCMC Treasurer, the Annual Meetings Chair, Local Arrangements Chair, and Professional Development Chair, in the following capacities:
- Ensure that all conference information on the NCMC website is consistent with the information on the conference management site.
- Assist with copying and mailing conference reminder postcards.
- Compile a list of local museums and related sites open the weekend of the conference, including their hours of operation and admission fees, if any, for posting on website
- Create and maintain a spreadsheet to track conference registrants, vendors, sponsors, etc. and their payments; to be shared with the NCMC Treasurer and Annual Meetings Chair.
Manage registration in BusyConf, a web-based conference management system, including manual updates to registration records as needed and scheduling of automated messages.
- Communicate with all conference registrants. Respond to all questions from registrants, vendors, and sponsors.
- Print and assemble nametags for the conference.
- Keep track of registrants’ special needs, including dietary restrictions, and ensure nametags have special meal tickets.
- Create and stuff conference packets with appropriate materials, which may entail printing.
- Staff the Registration Tables on Sunday, March 18 – Monday, March 19, 2018. The administrator will greet registrants and vendors/sponsors and distribute appropriate conference-related materials. S/he will also collect payment from walk-in registrants and issue receipts for all money collected. In the event of a registration location change, the administrator will be responsible for moving all necessary materials.
- Coordinate volunteers to assist with registration.
- Work with the Program Chair to ensure that each session has a proctor.
- Attend Local Arrangement Committee (LAC) and other planning meetings, if possible.
- Work with vendors on site to ensure their set-up goes smoothly, including coordinating electricity and other needs.
- Assist with other conference-related tasks, as needed
Ideally, the conference administrator will begin no later than January 10, 2018, and be available to attend Local Arrangement Committee and other planning meetings prior to the annual meeting. The majority of the work, however, will take place between January 2018 when online registration begins and late March, through the completion of the conference. It is critical that the conference administrator is available for the entire weekend of the conference, from Saturday, March 17 through Monday, March 19, 2018.
Interested individuals should submit Resume and three References to Chris Jordan, NCMC Annual Meetings Chair, at email@example.com by 5:00 PM, January 5, 2018.
Successful applicants should have demonstrated experience with Microsoft Excel and Word. He or she should also be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills. Ideal candidates are outgoing and enjoy interacting with people, as well as problem-solving on their feet.
Compensation: $1,000 – To be paid in installments between January and March 2018. Since the majority of the work will take place in Greensboro, NC applicants from the immediate area will be given preference.