The North Carolina Aquarium Society, the non-profit support group for the North Carolina Aquariums, is seeking applications for the position of Membership Associate to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work in the daily processing of membership applications and renewals as they are submitted from the aquariums, pier, website, mail, and by phone.
• Work alongside and assists as needed part-time employees in the fulfillment of all membership and fundraising activities in the Raleigh office. Maintain maximum efficiency and customer service excellence.
• Respond to member and customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner via the toll-free number, email, and United States mail with excellence in customer service as a critical priority.
• Maintains positive and professional dialogue with aquarium and pier staff regarding membership sales, reports, and related issues.
• Assist the membership coordinator with needs of the membership operation including member database, equipment functionality, software and equipment upgrades, internet security, data security, and troubleshooting.
• Assist the membership coordinator in the maintenance of necessary financial records for auditing purposes. Process credit card transactions and cash/check transactions safely and securely.
• Assist the membership coordinator in inventory control of all membership materials including stationary, brochures, postage, membership cards, and associated gift items.
• Work with Aquarium Society management to innovate solutions, technologies, and processes to improve operational efficiencies and enhance the member’s experience.
• Provide support in revenue tracking, reporting, and customer communication for non-membership development activities such as capital campaigns, board contributions, and other fundraising activities.
Previous supervisory skills, retail experience, as well as counterpoint database experience is required.
Ability to build rapport with clients.
Ability to prioritize and multitask while maintaining a positive attitude and professional demeanor.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Training:
Bachelor's degree (B.A/B.S.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply:
Submit your resume by email to the addresses below. All resumes must be received no later than 3:00 PM on December 4th.
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org