[listing expires 11/06/2019]
Organization: Historic Latta Plantation
Organization Website: www.lattaplantation.org
(up to 25 hours per week)
Historic Latta Plantation is seeking a creative, enthusiastic, and innovative individual to serve as part-time historical interpreter, presenting two centuries of history to diverse audiences.
• Contribute to the overall success of Historic Latta Plantation in achieving its mission.
• Serve as a point-of-contact for visitors in their experience at the site, providing clear and accurate information in a pleasant, effective, and positive way.
• Present guided house tours of Historic Latta on a daily basis to diverse audiences of all ages.
• Conduct educational and special interpretive programs for adult and student groups of all ages. Assist with program preparation and clean-up.
• Participate actively in interpreter training or enhancement programs in order to expand knowledge of the property and/or interpretive skills.
• Assist with special events and programming as needed.
• Assist with basic site operations, including monitoring security of historic resources and visitor safety, responding calmly and professionally to emergencies and promptly notifying supervisor of incidents.
• Work as a cooperative member of a team, and be willing to lead, follow, and support colleagues in a tactful, positive way.
• Occasional work with farm animals to include feeding, watering, and general maintenance.
• Bachelor’s degree; studies in history, public history, museum studies, museum education, architecture, historic preservation, anthropology, or similar fields preferred.
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be able to synthesize information into clear, effective presentations.
• Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions; some lifting and manual labor required. Some weekend, evening, and holiday work required! Hours vary by season.
Please send a resume and cover letter addressed to:
Historic Latta Plantation Attn: Annmarie Reiley-Kay 5225 Sample Road, Huntersville, NC 28078 Or you may email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org