[listing expires 4/17/2021]
Organization Name: NC African American Heritage Commission
Organization Website: www.aahc.nc.gov
About the NC African American Heritage Commission:
The North Carolina General Assembly created the African American Heritage Commission (AAHC) in 2008 to “assist the Secretary of Cultural Resources in the preservation, interpretation, and promotion of African American history, arts, and culture.” With this legislation the AAHC has identified African American heritage practitioners, such as curators, docents, and museum directors, as priority service populations. The AAHC was
recognized as a division of the Department of Natural and Cultural Resources in 2016, after being housed in the Office of Archives and History and the North Carolina Arts Council. The commission works across the Department of Natural and Cultural Resources to achieve the mission of preserving, protecting, and promoting North Carolina’s African American history, art, and culture, for all people.
Hours & Stipend
- The internship will last for 10 weeks.
- Students should be prepared to commit 10-15 hours/week to the internship.
- The intern will be compensated with a $2,000 stipend.
- To uplift and promote African American art, history, and culture from North Carolina.
- Engage virtually with AAHC constituents.
- Share resources and information related to African American heritage preservation.
- Clarify and promote the work of AAHC.
Major Tasks to be Performed:
- Brainstorm, research, and draft content for AAHC’s social media channels on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Develop social media campaigns related to AAHC’s ongoing events and initiatives.
- Develop an editorial calendar for social media posts.
- The creation of social media content related to African American art, history, and culture from North Carolina.
- The creation of an editorial calendar.
- The completion of 3-5 social media campaigns.
- Writing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and remotely
- Knowledge of/interest in African American history, arts, and culture
- Experience with various social media platforms
- Experience with museums/cultural institutions
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Student must be a rising junior, senior, graduate student, or recent graduate in History, Public History, African American History/Studies, Communications, Arts Administration, or related field.
- Submit your resume, and letter of interest.
- Please submit all materials to email@example.com. Please use subject line Social Media Fellow.
Application Deadline: April 20, 2021
Hiring Salary Range: $2,000