NCMC Diversity & Inclusion Fellowship
NCMC is proud to offer a new fellowship in 2017 that supports the professional growth and retention of un- and under-represented individuals currently working in the museum field. Supported by the NCMC Endowment, this award represents our commitment to address the disparity between the diversity of the state’s population and that of museum professionals employed across North Carolina.
The recipient of the 2017 NCMC Diversity & Inclusion Fellowship Award will be will be honored and recognized at the awards luncheon of the 2017 NCMC Annual Meeting. Following the conference, the recipient will submit in writing a brief summary that conveys the benefit(s) of attending the conference, as well as personal insights and reflections. Should the recipient register for the conference before the award is announced, their registration fee will be refunded.
Fellow will receive free conference registration for the 2017 NCMC Annual Meeting in Wilmington, NC and a stipend of $150 to cover conference-related travel, lodging, and meals.
Individuals who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for this fellowship:
- Identifies with one or more of the following underrepresented groups: racial/ethnic minority, LGBT or person with a disability
- Has been employed full time for at least one year at a museum or other cultural, educational institution
- Demonstrates a desire to advance her/his career in the museum field
- Expresses interest in supporting equity and diversity in the museum field
To apply for the North Carolina Museums Council Diversity & Inclusion Fellowship Award, please submit the following:
- Cover letter discussing your interest in attending the conference, your career aspirations and related professional experiences. Letter should also reference thought and ideas on opportunities and/or challenges related to equity and diversity in this museum profession
- Resume of 3 pages or less
- 2 letters of reference from a professor, employer or mentor sent by the letter-writer directly to email@example.com
Deadline All application materials must be submitted electronically by February 10, 2017 for consideration.
All Applicants will be notified about the status of the award in early March.
Contact All questions regarding this fellowship award may be directed to Jon B. Zachman, Awards Chair firstname.lastname@example.org or (336) 373-4589